Green Carpet Care
Here are some tips to a greener and healthier method of cleaning your carpets.
- Vacuum your carpet thoroughly and frequently. Cross vacuuming is important (vacuuming in different directions to ensure all sides of the yarn is vacuumed correctly).
- Make sure the vacuum is on the proper height setting.
- Change the vacuum cleaner bag when it is no more than 75% full.
- Always use a vacuum cleaner with a multi filter and/or HEPA filtration bag and/or filters.
- Always use Green cleaning products when spot cleaning the carpet and never use any sprays or powders on carpet or upholstery. Many of these products can break down and attract more dirt and dust in the future.
- All cleaning solutions used on your carpet should be neutral based pH (not alkaline or acidic).
- Spot clean spots as soon as you can to prevent the spots from attracting dirt.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned on a consistent schedule every 6-12 months. Choose a carpet cleaning company that uses a low moisture cleaning system and that utilizes green and or organic cleaning products. If you’re in the Southern New Jersey area, visit our website at http://www.delawarevalleycarpetcleaning.com for information about our organic carpet cleaning services.
- Never over wet the carpets when cleaning. Make sure the carpets are dry within 4-6 hours to avoid any problems such as mold growth and floor damage.
A carpet filled with dirt and dust can have a negative health effect in your home or office. Keeping your carpets as clean as possible will add to a healthier environment.
Posted on December 3, 2012, in carpet cleaning and tagged carpet cleaning, carpet odor, carpet powder, carpet shampoo, carpet spray, carpet stains, citrus carpet cleaning, eco-friendly, green carpet cleaning, organic carpet cleaning, oriental rug cleaning, persian rug cleaning, rug cleaning. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Green Carpet Care.