How To Remove Carpet Dents
When something heavy like the leg of a chair or table is placed on a carpet, it can create a “dent” in the carpet. Here are some ways to remove carpet dents:
- Place ice on the dents for a few hours.
- After the ice has melted, absorb the water.
- Then use a spoon or fork to lift fibers.
If the ice didn’t work, try heat.
- Lay a cloth over the dent and iron the cloth using the iron’s steam setting. It is important to use a cloth between the iron and the carpet to prevent damage.
- After ironing, use a spoon or a fork to lift the fibers .
If the steam from the iron doesn’t work, try another ironing method.
- Lay a very moist towel on the dent.
- Using your iron on medium heat, iron the towel for 30 seconds. Be careful not to touch the carpet with the iron.
- This time leave the towel on the dent afterwards and don’t remove it until it has dried.
- After the towel is dry and you’ve removed it, vacuum over the carpet in that area to suck the fibers up to their full height. Depending upon your vacuum it may be more effective to use one of your vacuum’s accessories for a stronger pull.
If the ice and ironing methods don’t work, try using a hair dryer.
- Spritz the area with water and the use a hair dryer on the low setting on the carpet. If the carpet is made of wool or nylon fibers, the heat will help it rebound.
- Use your fingers or a utensil to push the fibers as you blow.
Sometimes you just can’t get out carpet dents. It depends on what made the dent, how heavy the object was, the type and quality of the carpet, and and how long the dent was there.
Posted on August 10, 2014, in carpet cleaning, carpet stain, carpet stains and tagged carpet cleaner, carpet cleaning, carpet dents, carpet stains, dents in carpet. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on How To Remove Carpet Dents.